I asked my mum to buy some chicken wings over the weekend and she did. I was thinking of making a recipe that I had tried a while ago. I can’t remember the name of it, but the main ingredients were honey and soy sauce. After browsing my Pinterest boards for about two minutes, I decided to just wing it. Literally!! I took a piece of paper and started writing down the ingredients that I wanted to use. All I knew was that I wanted to have honey and soy sauce in the mix. The rest of the ingredients remained a mystery. To help me brainstorm ideas, I tried thinking of a theme. “Sweet Happenings” is what I went with, inspired by this beautiful sunny season, summer. Here are all the ingredients for the marinade.
**THIS IS A MAMAO ORIGINAL RECIPE** 🙂
- 6 pieces of chicken wings (I’m sure you can use drumsticks or other pieces you may prefer)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon and pepper seasoning
- 3 cloves finely grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1½ tablespoons of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Okay just to tease you all and make you drool…here’s another pic 🙂
Are you ready to try you own Sweet Happenings Chicken Wings?
1. Put all the chicken pieces in a big zip lock
2. Mix all the liquid ingredients together in a bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds (until the honey is completely melted). If you don’t believe in microwaves, you can certainly mix the liquids in a pot and heat on low.
3. Allow the liquid ingredients to cool while you finely grate the garlic and onion. It is really important to finely grate the two. You do not want big chunks. If you have to chop after grating, you may do so.
4. Combine the liquid ingredients with the garlic, onion, and the rest of the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture in the zip lock with the chicken pieces and mix well.
6. Remove the air out of the zip lock and marinade in the fridge. I marinated for 6 hours.
7. When you are ready to cook, preheat your over to 400F.
8. Place chicken in a greased baking dish and keep the remaining marinade in the zip lock
9. Sprinkle paprika, oregano, and salt over the chicken and baste the chicken using half of the remaining marinade
10. Bake….30 minutes later, flip the chicken, sprinkle paprika, oregano, and salt over the chicken.
11. Baste the chicken using the remaining marinade and return into the oven.
12. After 30 minutes, the chicken should be ready. If you want it a little darker, leave it in the oven for a few more minutes and then take it out and enjoy!
If you decide to try this, let me know how your MAMAO’s Sweet Happenings Chicken Wings turn out 🙂