I will start by apologizing for not having as many step by step pictures as i like to have. I was hungry and i kept forgetting to take pictures…hahaha… good excuse right? 🙂
To make this yummlicious perfect winter dish, i used Kevin and Amanda’s recipe. They have a lot of other great recipes which i intend to make soon! The recipe called for a 9oz bag of tortellini, but the 9oz bag looked very tiny so i bought a 16 oz bag instead and then modified the rest of the ingredients a little bit.
Ohh and guess what?…..You only need to use one pot for this recipe.. Whoaaaaaaaaa to less dishes that need to be washed.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth ( i used about 1 cup)
- 1 cup tomato sauce or your favorite spaghetti sauce (i used spaghetti sauce and added an extra 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup regular or heavy cream (i added an extra tablespoon or two)
- 9 oz tortellini (used a 16oz bag)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the sausage and then add garlic… If i wasn’t hungry and running out of patience, i would have let the sausage brown a little more
ADD chicken broth and stir…ADD the sauce and stir again….ADD the heavy cream and then stir some more…ADD tortellini, salt and pepper…Cover and simmer on low for about 12 minutes
Dinner is served!!! (Yes, it is that easy).
WARNING….You will go for a second and third plate until the pot is empty. That’s how good this was!! I think it’s now one of my favorite winter dishes.
Instructions by Kevin and Amanda
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat
2. Add sausage and cook until well browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Add garlic and stir until golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add broth, tomato sauce, cream, tortellini, and salt and pepper and stir to combine until simmering and bubbly.
5. Cover and simmer over low heat for 12 minutes until tortellini are tender and heated through.