My first post #excited
So last winter, i bought myself a crock-pot for $19.99 whoaaaaaaaaa. One thing you will learn about me is that i love bargains! anyway, i only used the crock-pot once and the one meal i made in it did not taste good at all. Once fall 2013 rolled around, i promised myself that i would make as many meals as i could with my crock-pot. I have probably made 5 meals in the past month.
10 cabbage leaves
1/2 cup uncooked wild rice / quinoa (i used 1/2 cup quinoa)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
–> Scroll to the end for the instructions
Using your clean hands, mix the meat mixture ingredients together
This is what it should look like when you are done mixing
Boil the cabbage leaves to make them soft (i don’t have a big pot so i used this tiny one)
Place the meat mixture in each leaf, tuck it neatly and then place it in the crock-pot, seam down
Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls and let the cooking begin. The original recipe said to cook it for 8 hours, but i turned my crock-pot off after 7 hours
The deliciousness when it’s all said and done
Cabbage rolls are served… I will probably just make some greens to go along with them
- Boil a pot of water
- Depending on the size of the pot, place about 3-5 cabbage leaves at a time for 30-60 seconds (or until soft)
- Combine rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic, beef, salt, and seasonings in large bowl)
- Add ¼ cup of the meat mixture into each cabbage leaf and fold, tucking the ends to avoid spillage.
- Place each roll in the crock-pot and continue until you have used all the meat mixture.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the cabbage rolls.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (I cooked for 7 hours).
- Enjoy 🙂